Friday, February 29, 2008

I'm Ms. Fix It

Well much has happened since last I posted. The day after I got my Corona knitting machine I produced this lovely fair isle sample...very seventies

But then I broke it, so instead of posting about the many jumpers I was going to make (but in more tasteful colour combinations) I took the Corona apart and tried to divine its secrets.

Surprisingly enough I managed to fix it and I learned alot about how it works in the process, which gave me a new found confidence (possibly ill conceived) to fix my old Singer sewing machine. I got it many years ago from my great Grandad, who was a shoe maker....and yes I knew him, in fact he gave me the machine himself when I was 23 I think. I vaguely remember him telling me that there was something wrong with the timing and I promised to go and get it serviced. Or course I never did and I eventually forgot why I never used it...until my sister pilfered my other sewing machine and I was left only with the Singer

Its a pretty awesome machine, Grandad added a heavy duty engine to it so he could sew leather on it and it looks good too. So I'm going to try my hand at it and I suppose if I cant fix it I will pay the $100 to get it serviced.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey I was wondering if you could please make me a totally awesome beanie for me with your fanciful knitting machine as I will not have any hair soon. Eek.

If it could have ear muff things too that would be TOTALLY AWESOME. Plus a beanie tassel. In purple and orange?