Monday, August 18, 2008

Practical things

I have been accumulating double pointed knitting needles for a while, I even have a few hats to show for it (but I haven't gotten around to weaving in the ends so I will leave posting them till I have). I now have so many they are all over the place and hard to find, so I decided to make a needle holder, which I then took a crappy picture of:

The other pictures I took of the inside where even worse but it does show the fabric, which I quite like (its a 'Japan' quilting fabric, which I got from Spotlight).

I have also become obsessed with making a 1950's bathing suit, or a 'playdress', like the ones below. But first I will have to lose allot of weight and figure out how to make one. The patterns are very rare and can be quite expensive, so I'm going to have to buy that dress-form (sewers dummy) I've wanted for ages and draft a pattern!
As you can see they are very fitted with lots of panels, so its going to be hard to draft a pattern but it will probably take me a year to lose all the weight so maybe I will of figured it out by then!

No comments: